Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Coordinate inventory needs with business owner to efficiently and effectively receive product
- Build employee and customer relationships through routine interactions and the transfer of product knowledge and usage to answer questions and inquires
- Maintain inventory health and appearance of all studio products in accordance with company standards
- Support in the movement of inventory through the unloading of trucks and maintenance of shelves and floor
- Problem solve for clients’ plant and floral needs
- Assist special tasks and functions as directed by business owner
- Strong work ethic
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Maintenance of client relationships
- Outgoing personality
- Cultural competent
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to build trust
- Strong sense of design
- Computer knowledgeable, email, texting, and online research
- Bilingual, Spanish/English preferred
- Quick learner and adaptable
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record, preferred
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Passion for plants, flowers, and people. Minimum of 3 years in retail customer service environment. Work or personal experience in the horticultural or gardening and floral arrangement making fields preferred. A strong sense of esthetics and eye for details. Basic understanding of plant and fresh cut care. Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to hold self-accountable for high-quality, timely and effective results. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Outlook, and social media.
This job operates in an active retail store environment. This job may be either indoors or outdoors or both. Uniform is required. High level of interaction with customers from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires frequent standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, cut, wrap, tape, repot plants, make floral arrangements, create plant gift bags, and check out customers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Micro Plant Studio is a startup company. We are looking for people with flexible schedules. Flexible hours. Days and hours of work vary by schedule and season. Must be available to work mornings/evenings, weekends, and holidays. Hours per week to be determine. Holiday hours will vary. Additional hours will be added on a needed basis. Open/close studio.
Micro Plant Studio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
**Our office uses job application software to track all of our job openings and resumes. If you don’t hear from us after you apply online, please check the spam and junk folders in your email account. **
Use the online application to submit your resume and cover letter.
Accepting resumes and cover letters until the position has been filled. No calls or inperson inquiries.
Revised APRIL 2023