Studio Assistant, reports to the owner of Micro Plant Studio.
ABOUT MICRO PLANT STUDIO
In 2017 Julio Cesar Roman founded Micro Plant Studio, and in 2018 he opened its first studio in the heart of South Boston. For over 4 years, we have taken pride in offering the highest quality selection of floral arrangements for all occasions, plants for home and office spaces, a variety of pots in all sizes, gifts, and events – all with outstanding customer service!
As a startup company, Micro Plant Studio is looking to hire creative customer service-driven people who are dedicated to creating an inclusive, refreshing, and helpful shopping experience for all of our guests. For our employees, we offer a fun, fast-paced, and rewarding workplace with the opportunity for growth. We are committed to maintaining a professional work environment that encourages trust, hard work, efficiency, self-motivation, initiative, continuous improvement, and teamwork. We provide an opportunity for personal and professional growth and a great employee discount, as well!
The Studio Assistant will work closely with Julio, the owner. They will be responsible for making floral and plant arrangements, providing personalized customer service, labeling and stocking merchandise and display appearance in accordance with studio standards, and overall maintenance of the studio.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Coordinate inventory needs with business owner to efficiently and effectively receive product, execute displays and conduct floor moves
- Build employee and customer relationships through routine interactions and the transfer of product knowledge and usage to answer questions and inquires
- Maintain inventory health and appearance of all studio products in accordance with company standards
- Routinely communicate studio trends and recommendations to the business owner to help make informed purchase orders
- Effectively utilize the space of the studio to produce improved displays and make recommended floor moves and product placement ideas to the owner
- Support in the movement of inventory through the unloading of trucks and maintenance of shelves and floor
- Problem solve for client plant and floral needs
- Assist special tasks and functions as directed by business owner
- Strong work ethic
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Maintenance of client relationships
- Outgoing personality
- Cultural competent
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to build trust
- Strong sense of design
- Computer knowledgeable, email, texting, and online research
- Bilingual, Spanish/English preferred
- Quick learner and adaptable
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Passion for plants, flowers, and people. Minimum of 3 years in retail customer service environment. Work or personal experience in the horticultural or gardening and floral arrangement making fields preferred. A strong sense of esthetics and eye for details. Basic understanding of plant and fresh cut care. Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to hold self-accountable for high-quality, timely and effective results. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Outlook, and social media.
This job operates in an active retail store environment. This job may be either indoors or outdoors or both. Uniform is required. High level of interaction with customers from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires frequent standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, cut, wrap, tape, repot plants, make floral arrangements, create plant gift bags, and check out customers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Micro Plant Studio is a startup company. We are looking for people with flexible schedules. Flexible hours. Days and hours of work vary by schedule and season. Must be available to work mornings/evenings, weekends, and holidays. Hours per week to be determine. Holiday hours will vary. Additional hours will be added on a needed basis. Open/close studio.
Micro Plant Studio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
**Our office uses job application software to track all of our job openings and resumes. If you don’t hear from us after you apply online, please check the spam and junk folders in your email account. **
All resumes with cover letter can be sent to: info@MicroPlantStudio.com
Submit resumes and cover letter by May 31, 2021 (or until the position has been filled).
Revised April 19, 2021