Micro Plant Studio provides year-round planting workshops and parties designed to increase member’s sense of community in the corporate and nonprofit sector. Workshops may serve as a formal or informal social activity to bring your team together or it can be tailored to fundraise money for a particular cause. No prior planting or arts background is required from participants.
Workshops are planned in partnership with the company’s appointed personnel that will be hosting the Micro Plant Studio team.
The workshops can be part of a large event or the main activity of an event. In general, prior to the start of planting, a few group interactive activities are held, which not only helps to break the ice but also allows participants to get to know Micro Plant Studio’s team and vice versa. At the end, time will be provided for participants to reflect on the workshop and takeaways.
Duration of workshops
Depending of the workshop, it can be conducted between 1.5 hours to 2 hours or longer.
Examples of Workshops
- Floral Design, which can be tied with designing an event or welcoming any of the four seasons
- Plant Care & Planting, which can be tied with self-care
- Painting a Pot and Plating, which can be tied with thinking outside of the box, planning, and appreciating people’s skill set.
- Creating a Terrarium, which can be tied up with elements of a team and nature.
All workshops listed above can be done for fun too and adapted to meet your overall needs! A custom workshop can be designed to meet your needs. For example: We can include a charade game as part of the planting activity, additional time will be needed.
Micro Plant Studio’s Team
The Micro Plant Studio team is composed of one-two people, who co-facilitate the workshop. The team brings working expertise in the nonprofit and corporate sector. Their educational background is in psychology, law, public policy, arts, and plants. Note: For large planting workshops, we recommend two facilitators, for smaller groups (8 people), we recommend one facilitator.
Benefits for the company
- Increase a sense of community
- Reinforce company’s value and culture
- Understand group dynamics
- Provide space for socializing, self-care, and fun
Benefits for participants
- Experience something new as a team! Get to know each other through fun interactive activities, including planting, painting, and charade games
- An opportunity to take risks by planting and being creative
- Socialize with their peers (and families of employees)
- Ability to take risk without judgment or under pressure
- Take something home or keep in the office they have created individually or as a team
The overall cost of the workshops varies and depends on:
- Number of participants
- Materials needed for the workshop
- Duration of workshop, and
- Travel to location: We can travel to the event location or host a group of 10 people at Micro Plant Studio,
- Hosting at Micro Plant Studio*
Monday – Friday 9am-11am or after 7pm OR
Saturday – Sunday after 5pm.
*Depending on the day of the week and time of day, at times, we are able to accommodate workshops during business hours.
Please complete the below form to explore a workshop for your company or event.